jeudi 7 juillet 2016

The day my life changed forever


So, I decided to start with the simulator.  It's way more expensive (~250$) than a cheap plastic drone (~ 50$), I concur.  But the average duration of flight on a cheap drone is about 5 minutes. 


 Yes, you can buy extra batteries which mean 4-5 minutes of flight, stopping, changing batteries, starting over. I also saw somewhere that you should let the drone cool down a bit between flights.


Exactly.  

Real Flight Simulator 7.5 (RF 7.5)

There's different products for RF 7.5.  I took the one with the wired controller included.  Although I can use a real controller, I did not buy one, for 3 reasons:
  • Practicing will wear off the controller
  • I'm not ready


Also, I've been told that many pilots use it to practice next moves which will be a good thing... eventually.... I think?

Anyway.  Local store had it lower than anything else I searched for, 250$ including taxes (which is a BIG deal here in Quebec).  So, came home. EZ installation, ready to try it out.

First impression

Awesomely-awesome.


I practice 2 hours straight, never saw time flying by (Get it? Flying? I'm a killer...). So, now the practice time starts.


Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire